Friday, June 28, 2013

Fruit Princesses

It started out as an excuse to draw princesses (I was going through a princess phase. Still am too). I would pick a fruit and use the fruit to design the princess. It's really evident in the first one. What it turned into was  a project on creating princesses of different cultures and body shapes, promoting the idea that "no matter what your age, shape, skin color, personality, or culture, we are all princesses." I still want to do more of these because it was a project very close to my heart. But here is the line up so far.

"Strawberry"
"Apple"
"Peach"
"Pear"
"Watermelon" 
"Banana"
"Grape"
"Raspberry"
"Orange"
"Guava"
"Mango"
"Blueberry"
"Blackberry"
"Cherry"
"Dates"
There are still more designs in the works (once I get a tablet!) and I actually want to redesign Dates, but there they are. I'm also thinking of making prints of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment